State Bank of India (SBI) will conduct its competitive exam on June 14, 2014 for recruitment to 1,837 posts of Probationary Officers (POs). The entrance exam will be including two parts, Part A and Part B. Part A will contain objective type questions and Part B will be a descriptive type exam. The objective type Paper A consists of 4 sections with 50 questions each (1 mark for each question): Reasoning, Data Analysis and Interpretation, General Awareness, Marketing and Computers and English Language. For candidates, who are going to appear for the exam, the following sample questions have been provided by SBI for the PO 2014 recruitment exam.
Candidates can also check the answers to the following questions at the end.
General Awareness, Marketing and Computers:
This test is intended to check your General Knowledge and understanding of basic marketing and computer concepts to help judge your aptitude for the post of Probationary Officer.
Q.1. To combat the menace of money laundering, which of the following financial institutions has introduced the ‘Know Your Customer’ Scheme?
(1) IDBI (2) RBI (3) NABARD (4) SIDBI (5) Other than those given as options
Q.2. Which of the following sectors contributes maximum in deciding the growth in income of the states in India?
(1) Energy (2) Tourism (3) Service (4) Transport (5) Agriculture
Q.3. Which of the following is the state where the number of people living below poverty line is maximum?
(1) Bihar (2) Andhra Pradesh (3) Uttar Pradesh (4) Rajasthan (5) Orissa
Q.4. Who is the person closely associated with operation flood programmes and was honoured by Padma Vibhushan recently?
(1) Dr. V. Kurien (2) Dr. M. S. Swaminathan (3) Dr. Amartya Sen (4) Dr. A. P. J. Abdul Kalam (5) Other than those given as options
Q.5. Which of the following factors influences buyer’s behaviour?
(1) Cultural and Social factors (2) Economical and external factors (3) Personal and Psychological factors (4) both (1) & (2) or (5) both (1) & (3)
Q.6. Marketing for promotion of business in Banks involves :
(1) Better Customer Service (2) Customer need identification (3) Customised products (4) both (1) & (3)
(5) All (1), (2) & (3)
Q.7. 1010, 0101, 1100, 0011, 11100 — what is next?
(1) 00100 (2) 00111 (3) 11100 (4) 10111 (5) 01010
Q.8. The function of CPU is —
(1) to provide external storage of text (2) to create a hard copy (3) to create a new software (4) to read, interpret and process the information and instruction (5) Other than those given as options
Q.9. Pick the odd man out.
(1) Monitor (2) Keyboard (3) Floppy drive (4) Windows (5) Hard-disk drive
Q.10. The full form of LAN is —
(1) Local Access Network (2) Local Area Network (3) Long Area Node (4) Local Area Node (5) Other than those given as options
Question 1 Answer 2
Question 2 Answer 3
Question 3 Answer 5
Question 4 Answer 1
Question 5 Answer 5
Question 6 Answer 5
Question 7 Answer 5
Question 8 Answer 5
Question 9 Answer 1
Question 10 Answer 2